The following section allows you to choose and apply different filters, save those filters and create custom reports. Edit columns functionality helps add/remove columns from the view.
On the left side of the dashboard, you can there is the filters section. You can display different data applying parameters.
Available parameters are Brands, Categories, Created on, Tags, Stores, Verification, Stock, MAP, Promotion, Price, Markup, Opportunity, Price Position, Recency.
After selecting the necessary filters for various parameters, the user can simply apply filters by clicking on the corresponding button. Also, all filters can be reset with one click by clicking on the “Clear” button. Information is displayed much faster.
If you want to save the filter, just simply choose the needed parameters, hit Apply button. The filtered data will be displayed on the dashboard. Afterward, click on the “+” sign as it is shown on the below screenshot.
Then, enter the filter name and save. In case you want to delete some of the recently saved filters, hover the cursor over the filter and click on the trash icon and click delete.
You will see the pop-up confirmation message. Hit the OK button and the filter will be removed from the dashboard.
In case you want to modify the filter, click on the needed filter > make some changes by choosing different parameters and hit the “Apply” button. Afterward, hover the cursor over the filter, click on the memory card sign and save the changes.
If you click the Export button in the right top corner, you will have all the products downloaded in the required format.
- The Short report contains only 4 values: product name, category, SKU, and price in your store and online stores in your monitoring. It can be used to understand the assortment and competitive prices.
- A regular Report adds a few more columns to the columns present in the Short report and includes the name of the product, category, SKU, your price, availability status, promotions, similar information for online stores in your monitoring, the lowest and highest price of all, as well as expanding columns with last registered price in your store, shipping cost, suggested price. It makes sense to use this report for in-depth study and analysis of the market situation.
- The Extended report contains comprehensive information about products and combines all possible columns from the product report in Competera - there are 33 of them in the expanded report, along with the most detailed information on online stores in your monitoring, links to product pairs (comparisons) and special fields, adapted or added to the product report upon request if any. Such a detailed report is usually used for detailed comparison and in-depth market analysis.
- The Vertical report has a different structure and, unlike other available reports, shows data about online stores in your monitoring in rows rather than columns of a table. The vertical report is a modified expanded product report and therefore can be used for the same purpose.
- The Vertical report + similar matches has the same structure as the vertical report, but also adds one more column - The matching type that indicated whether the match is exact or similar.
- The Marketplace report is a slightly modified vertical report with a more convenient and visual presentation of data about each marketplace if it is monitored. Added columns with the name of the marketplace and the lowest price indicator. The seller's name is displayed in the column with the names of competitors.
Besides, it is also possible to download filtered products. Just choose the needed filter or apply parameters and export the data in a convenient file format.
Display of information
The product list table contains basic data over your products, such as product title, SKU, category, brand, your price, repricing suggestions (if repricing is available), promo, availability on the market, competitors’ data, and the column with similar products. However, the columns could be organized and saved according to user preference. At the moment, 200 SKUs are displayed by default, without the possibility of changing this number.
Working with tags
Tags - specific features (characteristics) on particular SKUs in order to work with them more efficiently.
The user can set a tag for a specific product. To add a tag the user needs to follow the below instructions:
- Double-click on a product row on the dashboard, a side panel with information about the product will open.
2. Find the “+” at the very top of the product card and click on it.
3. Choose from the drop-down menu already existing tag or input the tag’s name in the line and click “Create”.
4. If you need to delete the tag, hit the “x” button and the tag will be removed.
To filter the data by a certain tag open the left side panel on the dashboard.
Find the Tags parameter and click on the “+” sign to open the additional window with the list of existing tags. Select the needed tag > click on the “Select” button > and finally hit the “Apply” button.
The data will be displayed with the applied parameter.
Below you can find the detailed description of: