Crawler or spider, collector, parser, grabber :
1. Crawler is a program that is used to gather information from the web sites for subsequent placement in a user dashboard. Initially, the parsing is a careful process for accurate information search in a large piece of text, as well as partitioning data into meaningful parts.
2. Parsers are used in the following cases:
- Keeping information up to date. For example, to display prices, availability of stock, or promos.
- Full or partial copying of materials with the further placement of the materials on our website.
- Combining the flow of information from various sources in one place and it's continuous updating.
3. Comparing to human, the parser can:
- Quickly bypass thousands of web pages
- Carefully separate technical information from the "human."
- Correctly take away the right and throw unnecessary
- Effectively pack the final data in the required form
Now you know what the parser is and you can tell your friends about it if necessary ;)
Consequently, each competitors in the user dashboard has such Crawler operating every day in the back-end of Competera.