Once you've made up your mind about BigQuery integration and are sure this is something you need to increase the value you get from Competera, the responsible Customer Success Manager will gladly take the lead on setting it up for your campaign.
There are two possible scenarios the integration can be set up according to: a) you can let us export the timely data (e.g., Product report) directly to your existing BigQuery dataset according to the agreed schedule, b) we can export your timely data to our own BigQuery dataset and provide access for your users.
In this article, we'll focus on the scenario a, so let's get to it.
What will you get?
You will have the required and timely data exported directly to your existing BigQuery dataset according to the agreed schedule.
What will we need?
A couple of things from you:
- For Competera to stream data to, create a new dataset in your existing BigQuery Project by pressing the arrow next to the Project name and selecting Create new dataset from the drop-down list. Give the dataset a name and hit OK (screenshot below).
No table is required - a new dataset only.
- Provide access to this BigQuery dataset with write and edit permission (screenshot below) for
- the Customer Success Manager
- the integration engineer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- our system account - email@example.com to enable automatic data export.
- Your preferred schedule for data export to your BigQuery - this can be done on a daily basis or on any weekday and any time of the day.
- Whether access with write and edit permissions were provided to the CSM, integration engineer, and our system account.
- Your Project ID and Dataset ID in BigQuery (retrieve this data from Manage projects > Project details menu - screenshot below).
- Your preferred schedule for data export.