The most important mission of Competera is monitoring your competitors’ prices. This information is crucial for timely decision-making, so we are committed to deliver you the most accurate data. After studying existing product matches in Competera, we noticed that some clients operate based on an incomplete market situation simply because of outdated matches. However, the e-commerce market changes rapidly. Retailers constantly expand their assortment, so some products previously absent on your competitor’s website can appear there within an instance. From our experience, there is about a 10% increase in stock every 2 months.
Therefore, to detect such changes on the market, we advise our clients to rematch all not found products regularly. There are two options you may use: automated and manual rematches. Manual rematches are more reliable since the results are verified by a human specialist. Here is the Competera’s manual rematch workflow:
You can choose which products to rematch using either your ERP system or by going the Competera’s “Matches” page.
How to select products for rematching on the Matches page
In order to choose products for a manual rematch order, go to Data Delivery — Matches. Here you can see the list of all product matches currently available in your dashboard. Depending on your approach to product segmentation and single items priority, you may want to apply the Tags filter, e.g. to select bestsellers:
To select only not found matches, use the following filter: Matches — Status — Not found.
You may also want to select products based on the latest matches check date. In order to do so, apply the Matches — Modified at filter:
It is also possible to select products by filtering the list by competitors, brands, or categories. After you determine which products need to be checked, you may create a rematch order.
How to prepare a rematch order
In order to request a manual rematch, you need to send previously selected products into the Rematch bucket using one of the following options:
From the Matches page
- Go to the Data delivery — Matches section and use filters as described above.
- When the matches list contains all products that need to be rematched, press Send all Not found for rematch at the top right corner of your screen, or select and send SKUs one by one. The items sent for a rematch will now appear in your Rematch bucket (Data delivery — Rematching).
Import from file
Since some of our clients prefer using their own ERP systems to determine which products should be sent for rematching, you can also upload a list of items directly into the bucket.
- In your Competera dashboard proceed to Data delivery — Rematching. You will see the Rematch bucket page.
- Click on Upload CSV / XLS file to start the upload. Your file that must contain the SKU column.
- Select the file with SKUs in a new window. After successful import, you will see the respective notification at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Use checkmarks to enable or disable competitors for rematching in the current order.
- Click on Import to send all items to the Rematch bucket. This process may take some time — please wait and then refresh the page.
Import via API
Apart from the two procedures described above, you can also add items into the Rematch bucket automatically using our API. Please read the appropriate documentation available in the Support section of your dashboard to learn more about API requests that can be used to create and view manual rematch orders.
How to create a manual rematch order
To create a manual rematch order, go to the Rematch bucket available in Data delivery — Rematching. Here you can see all previously selected items that will be sent for rematching in the current order. At this stage, you still can modify the list by deleting items.
Upon pressing on the Place order button at the top you will see a new window where you can leave a note for your manager responsible for rematch orders approval, e.g. to emphasize the urgency of this matter. Click on Create to complete the order.
Before the rematching process starts, each order needs to be approved. The authority to approve manual rematch orders is provided to the chief manager of your team responsible for cooperation with Competera.