In this article (~3 min read):
- Adding similar matches
- How to work with similar matches
- Switching between exact and similar matches
There are cases when some of your products have no exact matches on the competitor's website if you sell private label products or you are the only product seller at the market. However, your competitors might have similar items in their assortment, for which we suggest using similar matches functionality. This feature allows you to add a link to a similar product of your competitor in the system and Competera will bring you the right data (price, promo, stock etc.) as it does for exact matches.
How to add a similar match
- Go to Analytics — Products and find the item for which you want to add a similar match in the list.
- Double-click on the product title to open the right-side menu with detailed product info.
- Open the Similar matches tab available under the menu button:
- Click on the Add Product button to see the input filed where you can enter the product link (URL). Here you can also set the product option if it is enabled in the competitor's system settings. In case you need to add an option and the URL option setting is absent, please reach our support team.
- Click Save to finish editing and apply the changes you made.
It is possible to add several similar matches for one product:
The number next to the competitor's name indicates there are unapproved similar matches. If you are certain the match is correct, click on the question mark icon: . The icon will change to the green pictogram indicating the match has been approved: .
Toggle the switch to show or hide only approved items:.
Working with coefficients
For similar product matches, coefficients work in the same way as for exact matches. Enter a coefficient in the respective field next to the link on the Similar matches tab and the price will be automatically recalculated.
How to view a similar match price
To view the data collected for a similar match, go to the Market tab of the product side menu. The Similar matches section is located right below the information about exact matches.
How to edit a similar match
If you notice an incorrect link to a similar product, you can edit it either on the Similar matches tab or on the Market tab of the product’s side menu. To do this open the three dots menu on the right of the incorrect link and press "Edit URL/product option".
How to delete a similar match
To delete a similar match, go to the Market tab of the product side menu and press the three dots button on the right, then select "Delete match and blacklist this URL". A blacklisted URL may not be entered in the future for an exact or similar match.
How to move a link from similar to exact matches and backward
If at some point you realize that the link to a similar product added earlier is actually an exact match, it can be moved to the correct section. Click on the three dots icon on the Market tab next to the matched link and select the "Move to exact matches" item.
It is also possible to change an exact match into a similar one. To do this, on the Market tab, select the menu item to the right of the exact matches link "Move to similar matches".
Since a product can have no more than one exact match for each competitor, you cannot move a similar match as described above if there is already an exact match for the competitor. To do so, remove the link or move the exact match to similar matches first.